Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Episode 4 Tools of the trade

Tools of the Trade (Teaching Aids Bank)

My Tools
As you observe the class, use the activity forms provided for you to
document your observation.

Observation Notes
Name of the School Observed: Macabalan Elementary School
Location of the school: Macabalan Cagayan de Oro City

- As i observed the class the teacher used flash cards and cut outs in her
class.for me when I'm going to teach I also use that kind of materials when
I'm also teach the same subject because as what I saw to her class everyone are
actively participated in her class which means using other materials in the class
is important especially in lower level.

My Analysis
Give at least three benefits of doing a survey of available materials
before making your own materials? Explain each.

1.To identify the budget that you need so that you can prepare for the
materials you need.
2. To make sure that the materials I need are available or which may be needed
to substitute with other materials.
3. To define the advantage and disadvantage of the target materials in advance.

My Reflections
1. Which of the materials did you like making the most? why?
-for me, the cut outs because it was fun and it needs various color, picture and
sometimes different shapes.just draw or print a picture you like then post it into
your board. it is fun and students really enjoy it specially in the lower grade.
2. What difficulties, if any, did you encounter in making the materials?
How did you overcome them?
- The difficulty I had when cutting a different shapes it should made a proper shape
and sizes.It should also presentable and good looking to the students.
3.What tips can you give teachers regarding preparation of teaching materials?
- The teacher must know first what are the topics all about and what are the things
they need in making materials so that she can identify and budget all materials
she needs.




No comments:

Post a Comment